Code Of Ethics
OAAG CODE OF ETHICS
Ensure the image of outdoor advertising as a creative, effective, useful and a responsible medium, members of the Outdoor Advertising Association of Georgia must pledge to promote and practice the tenets set forth in the following Code of Ethics:
Responsible Advertising Policies
- We are dedicated to providing quality outdoor advertising services that promote and support the free enterprise system. This includes supporting the First Amendment right of advertisers to promote legal products and services.
- We support the right of media companies to reject advertising that is misleading, offensive, or otherwise incompatible with individual community standards, and in particular, we reject the posting of obscene words graphic content.
- We oppose the practice of false or misleading advertising.
Public Service and Supporting Our Communities
- We strongly believe in providing Public Service Billboard to worthy causes and organizations on the local, city, county, state, and national level. The OAAG member companies donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to multiple annually.
- We are committed to the advancement of the outdoor advertising medium through education and research.
- We actively support the role of outdoor advertising as a major medium for the dissemination of political messages, as well as public service messages promoting worthy causes.
Regulations of Billboards
- We support reasonable regulation of outdoor advertising through zoning and ordinances based on sound community planning.
- We support the establishment of exclusionary zones which prohibit advertisements of all products and services illegal for sale to minors, that are either intended to be read from, or within 500 feet of, established places of worship, preschool, primary and secondary schools.
- We support adherence to Department of Transportation rules for vegetation control, with sensitivity to the environment and the public trust.
- We encourage outdoor advertisers and plant operators to reject creative content that is in poor taste, sexually explicit or overly suggestive including adult entertainment establishments.
Digital Billboard Advertising
- We recognize that Digital Billboard provide a highly effective a commercial and public service means of advertising that enables advertisers can update their ads frequently.
- We work with local, state, national public and governmental digital billboards can rapidly respond to emergencies that effect the public.
- We are committed to ensuring that the commercial and noncommercial message on digital billboards will be static messages and shall not include animated, flashing, scrolling, intermittent or full-motion video elements (outside established entertainment areas).
- We utilize LED illumination technology to monitor and adjust lighting brightness on digital billboards as ambient lighting changes during each 24hour day. Lighting brightness shall not exceed industry standards.
Any Member violating the intent and spirit of this code should be considered for expulsion by the Board of Directors.